BI Sign on has stopped working
ISSUE: BI SIGNON HAS STOPPED WORKING
When launching Report Manager an error is received that the BI Sign on has stopped working.
This could be caused by rogue instances of Excel, permissions problems or a corrupted SVD file.
Firstly close all instances of Excel that may be running, confirm this by checking the processes in the Task Manager. Try to launch the application again – if it errors, then move on to the next step below.
Confirm that there are sufficient permissions/privileges to the MetaData folder - an easy way to do this is to try to create a file or folder in the MetaData directory. There must be read/write access.
Else try this
- Go into the application data folder on your machine , and find the folder called Alchemex_(Pty)_Ltd
- If you are using Windows 7 the full path should be :
- If you are using Windows XP the path should be
- C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Application Data\ Alchemex_(Pty)_Ltd
- In this folder , please find all folders containing the name BiSignON.exe and delete them .
If neither of these are a problem, the next thing to check is the state of the SVD.
To do this close your application, rename your current MetaData folder, and then restart the application. This automatically creates a new MetaData folder.
If your application now starts without the error, this is an indication that there is something amiss with your existing MetaData folder.
Log a Support call with the relevant ERP Support desk, making sure you send through your original SVD (within the MetaData folder) to be checked by the BI Developers.